Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What is MS???


So since I just threw you into this world 
Let me explain what MS exactly is...


Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system that disrupts the flow of information within the brain, and between the brain and body.
 
 So basically my body is just as stubborn as me 
and wants to fight the biggest person in the yard!

They call it the snowflake disease because the way it affects individuals is different
One person could be in a wheelchair while another one is running marathons but they are both suffering just the same. 

In my suffering, I deal with numbness and tingling on the left side of my body mostly in my arm and leg.
I can sleep all day and still wake up feeling like I only slept an hour



My body aches and hurts but I still try to pretend that I'm fine cause I don't want to be looked at has the sad little woman that's sick cause that has never been me
 
I'm the feisty 5'1 black chick that ain't scared of nothing and nobody
Well unless you are talking about mice, snakes, frogs, and closed in spaces
but that's besides the point
I'm not scared of anything else!  

Trust me I have had my moments where I brokedown and questioned why me
but thankfully I have a good support system whom won't allow me to attend that pity party for too long 
So I might weep and whine for a bit then it's back to business as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment