Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the princess of MS!
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the princess of MS!
So this whole journey started one warm Texas day in June 2011
Now I have had my share of hospital visits in my past however this experience had to be the
SCARIEST ever!!
I honestly felt like my life was over and I was on my way to the Upper Room!
(I can laugh about this now)I had been sick for about a week with a major headache and dizziness which was associated with my high blood pressure issues. By Sunday I had finally had a breakthrough and my headache had ceased so I assumed it was okay to go to the grocery store. Away I go to tackle H-E-B which sometimes enough to drive anyone crazy. After checking out I was headed to my car I started feeling bad kinda like I was going to pass out. I get groceries in the car and head home driving 20 mph.
Once I get home things went absolutely crazy!
My face started to tingling and my lip felt numb and like it was dangling from my face...after that my right hand, arm, chest, and diaphragm felt like it all went completely numb. I tried telling everyone that I felt as if I was dying however I was unable to speak. The paramedics finally get me on the stretcher and off we go to the hospital! No one was really sure what was going on to have caused all this so lots of test were run from blood work to a CAT scan(which showed no sign of stroke). It was determined that my potassium was low so I was admitted into the hospital. I was still having issues on my right side so one doctor ordered an MRI before I could leave.
After 3 days I would do whatever it took to get out of there. They gave me the little pill to help relax you because I'm very claustrophobic. I survived that trauma, they took me back to my room, and I patiently waited on my walking paper. After about 30mins, I see the same nurse who took me down for the MRI coming back in with the wheelchair and she says that I have to do it again this time with contrast...the whole ride down I'm shaking like a leaf..they wheel me up to the machine and I lose it. I ask if they can give me another sedative because I'm scared (don't judge me). They tell me that they can't give me anything but the other nurse offers to hold my hand and she does the entire time. If you have never had a MRI you won't understand the torture..its a big tunnel that is so loud they give you ear plugs to help with the noise while in the machine.
After 3 days I would do whatever it took to get out of there. They gave me the little pill to help relax you because I'm very claustrophobic. I survived that trauma, they took me back to my room, and I patiently waited on my walking paper. After about 30mins, I see the same nurse who took me down for the MRI coming back in with the wheelchair and she says that I have to do it again this time with contrast...the whole ride down I'm shaking like a leaf..they wheel me up to the machine and I lose it. I ask if they can give me another sedative because I'm scared (don't judge me). They tell me that they can't give me anything but the other nurse offers to hold my hand and she does the entire time. If you have never had a MRI you won't understand the torture..its a big tunnel that is so loud they give you ear plugs to help with the noise while in the machine.
After I cried like a big baby and the MRI was done...I was taken back to my room to wait for the doctor to come and say "all clear, go home". Unfortunately it didn't quite happen that way. The neurologist who I must add had a terrible bed side manner walks in the room, turns off the tv without asking I might add and just starts asking what I felt were weird questions
Him: "have you ever done drugs"
Me: "No"
Him: "have you had any head trauma"
Me: "ummm no"
Him: "well your brain has grey matter and white matter, you have spots on the white matter of your brain"
then he walks out like he didn't just say that. I felt like he had one of those drop mic moments
Him: "have you ever done drugs"
Me: "No"
Him: "have you had any head trauma"
Me: "ummm no"
Him: "well your brain has grey matter and white matter, you have spots on the white matter of your brain"
then he walks out like he didn't just say that. I felt like he had one of those drop mic moments
I'm left there just sitting there thinking WTF just happened
The nurse comes in gives me my discharge papers and home I go
More confused than I was when I first got there
Of course I had to go home and research what that meant and I kept getting the same result
"MULTIPLE SCELORSIS"
What the hell is that and how did I get it! And more importantly how do I get rid of it.
Little did I know many ups and downs I would face over the next 2 yrs. Being poked, probed, scanned, and popping so many pills folks who didn't know me would swear I was a drug addict.
Finally in April 2013, I was given my final diagnosis of MS.
And good Lord what a journey this has been!

No comments:
Post a Comment